Coupons Inc.
FREE Product Samples for home and office

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Understanding CVS


1. Sign up for an ExtraCare card.

2. Use your ExtraCare card each time you shop!

3. Your card will give you discounts on different items each week (in the ad it will say "price with card").

4. Your card will also allow you to receive extracare bucks (incentive coupons that work like cash at CVS).

5. You receive ExtraCare bucks by purchasing items advertised as having an "Extra Bucks Rewards"
- For example, toothpaste might cost $3.49 and is advertised as having a $3.49 Extra Bucks Rewards. This means you will pay $3.49 upfront (cash) and at the bottom of your receipt, a coupon for $3.49 off of your next purchase will print. Essentially, this item is FREE if you plan on shopping at CVS again.

5. ExtraCare Bucks are essentially like gift cards. They are good for the dollar amount shown. They will automatically print on the bottom of your receipt.

6. You also accumulate ExtraCare Bucks each time you make a purchase. it equals 2% of your total spending each quarter and they are issued quarterly at the bottom of your receipt.

7. You cannot split up ExtraCare Bucks. For example, if you have a single ExtraBucks Reward for $3.49, you cannot use $1 on one day and save the rest for later. You must use the entire amount at once.

8. Do not accidentally throw away your ExtraCare Bucks. They look like your receipt and you have to cut them off the bottom of the receipt. I usually fold mine up and put it in my wallet with my ExtraCare Card. When they ask me for my card at the beginning of my transaction, I get my ECB (ExtraCare Bucks out and ready).

9. Each week, there are usually several items that are FREE after ECBs.

10. The ultimate goal is to "roll" your ExtraCare Bucks. For example, you want to "pay" with ExtraCare Bucks you already have from your previous trip to CVS and purchse additional items that will give you more ExtraCare Bucks for your next trip.

11. You will probably have to pay a little bit out of pocket to get started on this whole thing. My first trip to CVS cost $27.00 out of my pocket (cash). I received $14.00 in ECBs. I then was able to roll my ECBs with every weekly trip to CVS. With ECBs and coupons on items, you will be amazed at the money you can save. It does take some planning, but it is SO worth it!

If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I will do my best to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment